The Media Environment Research Institute has been conducting the “Annual Media Consumption Report” since 2006, which investigates and analyzes the current state of media contact by consumers. In the 12th year of the start of the survey, we conducted a time series analysis to analyze time series analysis of total contact time and ownership rate, as well as awareness of consumers’ media and information compared to last year.
The following is the topic of the analysis result (Tokyo area).
1. Due to the reduction in contact time of almost all media, the total media contact time turns to decrease to 378.0 minutes.
· The average weekly average contact time per day decreased from 393.8 minutes last year to 378.0 minutes due to the decrease in contact time of 6 media except “tablet”.
· “Mobile · smaho” became a slight decrease for the first time since the survey began (16 years: 90.7 minutes → 17 years: 90.2 minutes), but 4 mass media of “TV” “radio” “newspaper” “magazine” (16 years: 24.9 minutes → 17 years: 25.0 minutes), mobile share that added “tablet” and “mobile · smaho” is 30.5%, for the first time exceeding 30% for the first time It was.
2. Increase light contact layer (contact time less than 1 hour per day) in all media.
· As shown in ①, as the cause of the decrease in the contact time of 6 media excluding “tablet”, the ratio of light contact layer in all media may be increased. Particularly for “personal computer”, the light contact layer increased greatly (16 years: 45.1% → 17 years: 52.5%), the peak of 2011 peaked further contact time reduction continued.
· In 5 media other than “magazines” and “personal computers”, in addition to the increase in the percentage of the light contact layer above, the fact that the ratio of the heavy contact layer (contact time of 3 hours or more per day) Of contact time.
3. The ownership rate of “smartphone” is 77.5%, approaching 80%. Increase in the ownership of middle-aged and elderly people is a factor.
· By sexual age, both male and female level are flat, while those in their 30s are flat, the rise of 40s to 60s is remarkable.
4. The sense of excess of the amount of information in the world and the awareness of seeking reliability in information are increased.
· “The amount of information in the world is too much” rose by almost 10 points (16 years: 42.1% → 17 years: 52.0%), exceeding majority. Furthermore, “The information on the Internet can not be pioneered” also rose by 7.3 points next to it (16 years: 71.7% → 17 years: 79.0%), almost 80% have a question about the reliability of the net information It is understood that it is.
· Also, “checking news you care about with multiple sources” increased by 5.3 points (16 years: 59.1% → 17 years: 64.4%), while “information and contents free of charge” was -6.8 points (16 Year: 46.0% → 17 years: 39.2%), which was the most reduced item. While feeling an excessive amount of information, it is felt that rising feelings of people who seek reliable and reliable information among overflowing information are felt.